The hugely popular SPSA Beer Can Island flotilla has been scheduled for Sat July 9th!!! The fleet will meet approximately ¼ mile east of the pier at 10:00. We will meet just off the pier and the flotilla will depart promptly at 10:10. The plan is to anchor out (or raft up conditions permitting) for the day, picnic lunch, swim, etc. Note that the current can be very strong here — if your draft requires you to anchor a good distance from the beach, you may want a dinghy or kayak to get to shore safely.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use VHF 72, fly your SPSA Burgee (need one? Contact the Commodore, we have extras!)
- Meet ¼ mile east of the “former” pier @10:00am
- Flotilla departs @ 10:15
- Sail 86°M for 5nm to the Green/Red bouy (N27 47.065 W82 31.387) marking the Gadson Pt Cut channel
- Sail 73°M following the Gadson Pt Cut channel for 4nm to the private channel (N27 48.569 W82 27.077) on the north side of Pine Key (Beer Can Island)
- Take the private channel to the anchorage (N27 48.400 W82 26.649) on the east side of the island
Navigational Note: Give the former pier a wide berth, there are submerged concrete pilings left from the demolition!!
(For reference only, not be used for navigational purposes)